The Alpha Program has been a source of ongoing excitement for its planners, leaders, and participants. The meetings have been enjoyable. Life-change is clearly happening. Here are some of the highlights:
· Many people attending the meetings are inquiring about God. Some don’t have a relationship with God, some others have been attending church for a long time but are looking for something deeper.
· Many setbacks seemed to keep our guests from attending meetings at first—everything from strange illnesses to automobile accidents. As leaders, we continued to put our trust in God, and we have seen a big change in this situation.
· The group’s members are building good relationships. They are enjoying one another’s company and support. Some guests show up with food in hand. One guest offered to pick up another guest on a week I had to be out of town and could not do so.
· Our seekers are asking really good questions, like, “How does Jesus’ death on the cross take away my sins?”
· Two guests in one group told the leaders that they would not return to Alpha. The leaders prayed and, sure enough, those guests came back in following weeks. One guest returned because her circumstances changed. The other because her heart changed.
The food providers have been marvelous. The food is ample, delicious, and on time. This was a marvel to one of the guests in my group.
Please pray for the Alpha program and for the upcoming “Weekend Away” which is all about the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Come here for news on what is happening in Bethel Church from our Pastors.