Roughly two years ago a World Missions Team was formed at Bethel Church.
In the time since, the team has put serious prayer and thought into Bethel’s long-term World Missions strategy. Bethel has strengthened relationships with new and existing missionaries. In addition to this, missionary support has been bolstered and restructured (more on this in a Pastor’s Corner coming in June).
An exciting development this year has been the emergence of an exploratory team going to Nicarauga and El Salvador May 21 to June 1. The team includes Josh Mackintosh, Line Des Rosier, Royce Boskers and will be led by Shelly Billiald. They will go to discern how Bethel can be the biggest blessing (and be the most blessed) through future partnership with Christian Reformed World Missions in the region.
The team’s goals are to:
- Bless and be blessed through the continuing development of a partnering relationship with those Bethel supports in Nicaragua and El Salvador (Rachel Beveridge, Ezra Team, Nehemiah Center, Seeds of New Creation),
- Spend time determining how Bethel can facilitate common goals to serve each other equally in community, including continuing to build a strong and nurturing relationship with our missionaries,
- Assess missionary support by meeting with each team to pray and discuss their short term and long term requirements,
- Determine the size and type of teams that both locations are able to host as well as assessing the practicality of sending teams to these locations,
- Evaluate the long-term plan for Bethel missions.
On Sunday May 17 we will commission this team and send them out together. Please pray through these goals and ask the Spirit of God to speak clearly to this exploratory team.
We dream of a day when Bethel will send out inter-generational teams to these countries. Is God stirring in your heart a passion for World Missions?
Come here for news on what is happening in Bethel Church from our Pastors.