This past Friday and Saturday we held the “Alpha Weekend Away” (an ironic name, in this case, since we hosted the event at the church and were not “away” at all). This special weekend is usually the high point for an Alpha course. It certainly was for us.
Our weekend was full of fellowshipping, having fun, watching Alpha videos, and discussing the important questions of life from a Biblical perspective. The turnout was great—about 30 people attended. Here are some of the great things that happened:
· Everyone seems to have had fun and to have drawn closer to one another.
· Several of our guests requested prayer for their lives or prayer specifically to receive the Holy Spirit.
· Two people expressed that they were putting their trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins.
· A young Christian reported that Alpha has helped him, greatly, to grow in his faith.
· One guest said she plans to visit Bethel and will bring her family.
As leaders we are excited by these results. We will be meeting on Sunday, December 10, to ask, “What next?” So many people have started, or renewed, their journey of faith, that we feel compelled to provide further steps of growth for them. Some leaders believe we should run the Alpha Course again soon, so that the guests who attended can bring their friends.
The Alpha ministry has been made possible by generous contributions of time and talent from many people. Small group members have provided food. Some people have been hosting the Alpha evenings in their homes. Other people have led or assisted at meetings. The World Missions team cooked and provided snacks on the Alpha weekend. Still others have helped with administration or in other supportive ways. Donations from the church made it possible to for us to afford Alpha supplies.
Please give thanks, with us, for all that God has done and for the Bethel members he has worked through to make this program possible! Please pray that, as Alpha leaders, will be able to discern what our next step should be. –Pastor Tom
Come here for news on what is happening in Bethel Church from our Pastors.