TALKING ABOUT THE CHURCH PLANT
Our Church Plant Team has received a lot of great feedback since our recent congregational meeting. Here is what many of you had to say about our proposal to start a new church in Fort Saskatchewan:
· Many people have expressed to the Church Plant Team that they believe the new church proposal is on target. These words spoken in private, along with the positive results of the straw vote taken at the congregational meeting, suggest that a significant majority of Bethelites believe we should move forward with this plan.
· One Fort Saskatchewan couple who recently joined Bethel expressed their excitement that a church might be planted in their home town. They are eager to take part in it.
· One person pointed out that other Christian institutions will be having capital campaigns in the next year and that we should consider this in our planning for fundraising.
· One person had a challenging experience as part of a church startup and wanted us to know the difficulties that can be part of an effort like this.
· A few people said that by the time of our congregational vote in June, our team should define precisely the dollar amount we hope to raise in a drive and show how this money would be used.
Our team appreciated all of this feedback. Thank you! Here are the steps our team plans to take next:
· We are hosting an information meeting in Fort Saskatchewan on January 31 for people considering being part of the new church. This meeting will allow us to test our belief that a solid core of 10-15 families can be gathered for the project.
· As a team we have broken up into four subgroups. These subgroups have these aims: 1) determine the model of church we hope to plant, 2) create a five year budget for the new church, 3) lay out the time table for the launch, and 4) define the new church’s vision.
Please pray for this effort—your prayers are vital. We would also love to hear from you. You can go to the Bethel Church home page and locate the Church Plant logo to give us your feedback. –Pastor Tom
Come here for news on what is happening in Bethel Church from our Pastors.